Monday, March 14, 2011

Lets go Old School...

If you like classics then I must highly recommend Lone Wolf & Cub. Many of us have seen this book on the shelves of bookstores and kept right on looking for a book we would actually buy. I confess I probably would never have read it if not for my History of Comic Books class (thank you Professor L.) The art work is a little gritty and sometimes to stark but the more you read it, the more you don’t mind. What really hooks you in is the storyline. The series follows two rogue samurai, father and infant son, who travel around Japan as swords for hire. This series is rich with Japanese culture.

After reading the first book I wanted my neighbors to commit seppuku. Seriously.   The samurai code and honor are concepts that seem unreal in our current society. Anyway, give the first book a read. Its small enough to fit in your pocket and will burn well if you are dissatisfied…Did I mention there was a good amount of sex and gore?

3 comments:

  1. wow, that is old!
    Looks awesome, will start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic,waiting for more like this..
    followed and supported!

    ReplyDelete